3.06.2013

I’ll believe it when I see it.

I woke up this morning thinking I was going to be working from home. The past few days have been filled with meteorologists and co-workers talking non-stop about the “snow storm” that would be hitting the Baltimore and DC metro area. Y’all know how much I’ve been wishing for a snow storm this winter. I LOVE snow and I hate that we only had a few dustings this winter. When I first heard about the snow we were supposed to get, I held off on getting super excited. I’ll believe it when I see it, I thought. I didn’t want to get too excited for something and then be let down.

When my alarm went off this morning, I went downstairs to start my usual morning routine. I stopped for a second to look out one of our living room windows and saw something very unexpected. Hardly any snow. Seriously? (Thank goodness I didn’t hold my breath for this snow.)


I got ready for work, packed my lunch and drove to work. It looked like we had some rain. That’s it

Don't worry. I was going slow, being safe & there were no other cars around me.
Plus, it took me about .2 seconds to take this photo.

My hubs is working from home today, so he is spending lots of QT with little Landon. They say it is supposed to get worse throughout the day, so I promised Chris I would leave work if it started to get bad, because I could just work the rest of the day from home. Once again, I’ll believe it when I see it.

I'll go ahead and write what everyone is thinking: 
If I was wrong as much as meteorologists, I would be out of a job.

6 comments:

  1. I'm just as disappointed as you! I was so hoping for a REAL snow day this year! So far in the city it's all rain, not a snowflake in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Minnesota and we did get a rather large snowstorm yesterday (about 8 inches) but for days the weather report changed almost hourly. It was ridiculous. Sometimes I wonder why meteorologists even exist. They don't seem to know the weather until it's on top of us! I hope you get your snowstorm you've been waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now in NJ it's gray outside and it almost looks like the sun is trying to come out. The meteorologists predicted the storm will hit later this afternoon, but I'm not so sure. Like you, I'll believe it when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your neighbors to the south have about 5 inches so far!!! And I full expected to see none.. I mean it's 39 degrees! So weird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my area of Kentucky we got about an inch but most of it has melted already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I hate getting my hopes up!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me feel so special. Thanks for the love! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...